There are several do’s and don’ts when it comes to pet grooming. It is important to keep your pets in good condition and ensure that nothing is neglected when in the care of their owner or Miami pet grooming groomers. These things might seem hard initially, but following these simple tips should be easier than you think.
- Get yourself clean. The cleaning cloths with the pet package are only used for repelling dirt and dust from the fur. They should be discarded when finished, as they can cause skin irritation and infection if reused.
- Prepare everything you will need before beginning a grooming session with your pet. The needed tools include a brush and comb, ear cleaner, scissors, clippers, and nail trimmers.
- Start by trimming the nails and grooming the tail. If you do, it will be easy to get enough space for the other parts of the body.
- The ears are normally groomed first before anything else. Using a damp cloth, wipe them with a special ear cleaner. This will make it easier to clean them thoroughly as they tend to accumulate dirt in the inner part of their ear. You can also use an ear cleaner without any harmful chemicals that are meant for humans as well.
- A comb or brush will remove any loose fur from the coat. After doing so, the clippers and shears are used to trim the fur evenly to get a uniform look. Remember to use scissors at an angle and ensure you don’t cut too close, as this will cause irritation and infection to your pet’s skin.
- Brush more fur out of your pet’s skin before bathing. This is to make cleaning the dirt and other impurities accumulated during the grooming session easier.
- The third step is a tub bath and blows drying. Clean all loose fur off your pet before doing so, and then lather it with a shampoo or a special conditioning soap that won’t irritate its skin or cause dryness, which is common when using regular soaps.
- The final step is to apply a spray or some lotion to keep it smelling good and looking nice after its bath.
- You can only use the clothes used at the beginning of this process to wipe your pet’s paws after a bath or shower. You might have noticed that your pet shakes its head occasionally because it feels irritated with all the loose fur on its body after a grooming session.
If you follow these simple steps from Pet grooming Miami, it will be much easier for you to groom your pets at home. It will also save you from too much time at the salon and getting cold feet. Following these tips will make your pet more likable and easy to handle, especially when around other people.